My dear sweet Grandma passed away at 1:30 in the morning on March 9. Wow! Can't believe she is actually gone. She was thee most amazing woman. What a legacy she has left behind. She had a 5 bypass open heart surgery. She had many complications. They took her back for surgery 2 other times after that. She finally started to come out of it and her cute personality was starting to come back. She suddenly quite breathing for what they think could have been 10 minutes or maybe a little more. She had severe brain damage after that. She has always been so healthy. She was 83 but you would think she was 63. I have always known this day would eventually come but man has it been rough. My poor little Grandpa breaks my heart. The doctor came in and said he advises we take her off life support. We had already come to that conclusion so it was no shock. After he talked to the family for a while he asked us if we had any questions. My cute Grandpa asked him if he knows anything about cloning. ha ha Even in a sad situation he can get everyone laughing. After taking her off life support she lived for another 14 hours. My Grandpa kept saying, "She is dying just like she lived." That is so true about that lady. She was always so positive in every situation. She was more like a friend to me. Calling her house meant I would be on the phone with her for at least an hour. I am going to miss to visits to her house. The holidays are never going to be the same without her. Thanksgiving she had at least 10 pies made. Her sloppy joes and her mashed potatoes were the best. I am so thankful for all the memories we have made with her. The many vacations and the many times we got together just because. She was so family oriented. Most of all I am going to miss her great big hugs. There is just nothing better. As my Grandma would say, "I love you, big time!" Until we meet again Grandma. Thanks for raising such a good family. Thanks for always being there for me. Thanks for always talking with me. Thanks for the wonderful legacy you have left behind. I can see your face now when thinking about the reunion you are having. I know you are holding baby Tommy in your arms. I know you are with your parents and Aunt Edie. And I know you are with our Savior. Love you Grandma. I miss you already. This life will never be the same without you. Watch over us always.
I already miss her so much!
ReplyDelete